TOWN OF LOCKEPORT
MONDAY, APRIL 12, 2021
AT 6:00 P.M. IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS
- Call to order
- Silence Electronic Devices
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of minutes
- Regular Council Minutes March 22, 2021
- List of invoices already paid in the amount of $103,127.48 (Page 1)
- Request for increased Library Funding (Page 2-14 )
- Capital Budget 2021/2022 (Page 15 )
- Other Business
- AIM Network Nova Scotia Cohort 2.0 (Page 16-18 )
- Inter-Municipal Service Agreement Renewal (Page 19-26)
- Memorandum of Understanding – Brush Pile Remediation (Page 27-32)
- Policing Priorities (Page 33)
- Proposed Amendment to Municipal Government Act (Page 34-38)
- Request from Tim Rhyno re: Burning By-Law (Page 39)
- Doctor in Lockeport (Page 40)
- Council Reports
- Councillor Dayle Eshelby (Page 41)
- Councillor Kent Balish (Page 42)
- Councillor Mary Meagher (Page 43)
- Mayor Cory Nickerson (Page 44)
- Letter of thanks from Brooke Anderson-recipient of a 2020 Town of Lockeport Bursary (Page 45)
- Information Only
- Municipality of Barrington re: Bill 47 (Page 46-47 )
- More Accountability for Local Governments (Page 48-49)
- Roseway Hospital Charitable Foundation request to Yarmouth Hospital Foundation (Page 50-52)
- Date of next meeting
- April 26, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
- “In Camera”
- Hits: 198
Are you a low-income homeowner? Do you spend more than 50 percent of your income to run your home? Direct support is available for eligible homeowners through the Canada-Nova Scotia Targeted Housing Benefit. Working together, we are making housing more affordable for vulnerable people.
For more information visit: housingns.ca
Or call: (902) 943-0835
- Hits: 169
WHEREAS due to the congestion on ALL PAVED STREETS lying within the Town of Lockeport, caused by vehicular and pedestrian traffic and the limitation of the free use of the streets liable to be caused by the presence of snow and ice thereon, I am of the opinion that an emergency and a special condition exists and I so declare.
THEREFORE under the authority of Section 180 (1) of the Motor Vehicle Act, as Traffic Authority for the Town of Lockeport, I make the following temporary regulations:
(1) Notwithstanding the provisions made by the Traffic authority for the Town of Lockeport that certain traffic signs have been erected on all Paved Streets prohibiting or permitting the parking or leaving of standing vehicles upon certain sections of the streets during the hours stated hereon.
- (a) No owner or driver or person having control or custody of any vehicle shall park or leave standing the same on any paved street within the Town of Lockeport, between the hours of 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. in the morning of the same day.
- (b) No owner or driver or person having control or custody of any vehicle shall park or leave standing that vehicle unless it is attended by a person authorized to, and capable of moving such vehicle upon any street in the Town of Lockeport, so as not to hinder, inconvenience or prevent the proper removal of snow and ice from such streets.
- (c) The provisions of Clauses (a) and (b) hereof shall not apply to
- (1) The Motor Vehicle of a medical practitioner parked reasonably near his office or residence so as to be immediately available for professional calls.
- (2) Motor vehicles parked by a medical practitioner who is actually engaged in his profession, provided that such vehicle is parked reasonably near where he is so engaged.
- (3) Motor Vehicle parked by a person who is actually engaged in discharging his duties as a member of a recognized regular Police Force.
- (4) Motor Vehicles parked by an operator who is actually engaged in discharging his duties as a member of the Fire Department.
- (5) Commercial vehicles parked by an operator for the purpose of loading or unloading merchandise, providing that the operator of such vehicle moves the vehicle as often as necessary so as to permit an orderly flow of traffic or to permit the removal of snow and ice from the streets.
- (6) The time referred to shall be from time to time legally in effect in the Town of Lockeport.
- (7) It shall be an offence for any person to fail to comply with these regulations and any such person will be liable to a penalty provided by Section 266 of the Motor Vehicle Act.
- (8) Any Peace Officer may seize and remove any vehicle with which an offence has been committed under these regulations.
These temporary regulations shall be in full force and effect, from the 1st day of December A.D. 2020 until the 31st day of March A.D. 2021.
Dated the 9th day of November A.D. 2020
RCMP – Shelburne, NS
Traffic Authority for the Town of Lockeport
- Hits: 146